TERMS OF SERVICE:
- These general terms and conditions apply to the contractual relationship between the children’s laboratory Entdeckum, owner: Cristina Pulido Lozano, Rykestr. 22, 10405 Berlin, hereinafter called Entdeckum, and the participant or his / her legal tutor, hereinafter called participant.
- The contract becomes effective when you register for a course or book an event and accept it through Entdeckum.
- Registrations and bookings will be confirmed in writing or by email. The contract is concluded by the confirmation of registration or booking.
- The contracts become effective on the condition that the minimum number of participants published in the course program is reached.
2. SCOPE OF SERVICES AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
- The scope of services provided by Entdeckum (location, time, duration, course topic, age group) results from the description of the course program published on the Internet, hereinafter referred to as the course program.
- Entdeckum can make participation in a course or event dependent on personal and / or factual requirements. As far as possible, the course program will inform you of the requirements.
The course program provides information about the general regulations regarding the amount of the participation fees and the discount options.
The total costs for each course (for full paying and for participants who are entitled to a discount) are shown in the course program.
The entitlement to a discount is to be proven upon registration. A subsequent discount on booked courses is not possible.
4. PAYMENT METHODS
- The registration obliges – regardless of the actual participation – to pay the fees specified in the course program before the start of the course.
- Payment in cash is only possible in the Entdeckum premises and must be made at least 1 week before the start of the course.
- Payment can also be made by bank transfer and a confirmation of this must be presented to us at least 1 week before the start of the course.
B. Other events (e.g. birthday parties):
- A deposit of 30% of the final price must be paid no later than 2 weeks before the start of the event.
- The remaining amount must be paid in cash at the Discovery premises or by bank transfer at the latest on the day of the event.
Cristina Pulido Lozano – Deutsche Bank PKG –
IBAN DE29 1007 0124 0113 9732 00 – BIC DEUTDEDB101
5. CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION
If the participant takes part in a course on a regular basis (at least 75 percent), Entdeckum will issue a certificate of attendance on request.
6. ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGES
- If an event is not held due to an insufficient number of registrations, already paid fees will be refunded.
- If parts of events or courses cannot be carried out in originally intended form or time, Entdeckum will offer the participants an equivalent replacement, particularly by making up for parts of events or course dates, which were not held. If an equivalent replacement cannot be offered, the fees for the not carried out parts of events or course dates will be refunded. Details on this are regulated in number 10 paragraphs 1 to 3.
The company holidays are based on the school holidays of the State of Berlin. In addition, there are no courses on public holidays. The course-free periods are published on the Entdeckum website.
8. DUTY OF SUPERVISION, LIABILITY
- The participants are covered by public liability insurance.
- A duty of supervision by the course instructor or event instructor only applies to the official course times or the agreed time of the event. The exception is the lunch break for participants attending the summer holiday courses full day, they will also be supervised by the course instructor during this time.
- The participant himself or his / her legal tutors, in case of underaged participants, are liable for damage caused by the participants themselves or accompanying persons to the premises, materials or other persons.
- Entdeckum assumes no liability for accidents and / or other damage during the way to or return from the courses or events.
- Entdeckum assumes no liability for the loss or damage of objects or valuables brought along.
9. PARTICIPANT’S DUTIES
- The confirmation of registration must be shown on request. If this is not possible, the participant can be excluded from further participation if the entitlement to participate cannot be proven in any other way.
- The participant is obliged to follow the instructions of the course instructor or event instructor.
- The participant is obliged to adhere to the current hygiene concept.
- The participant must arrive punctually at the start of the course. The latest possible entry is 15 minutes after the start of the course.
- The participant will be picked up punctually at the end of the course.
10. WITHDRAWAL AND CANCELLATION BY ENTDECKUM
- Entdeckum can withdraw from the contract or terminate it if a course or event cannot take place in whole or in part for reasons for which Entdeckum is not responsible.
- If a course or an event is not carried out and an equivalent replacement (as provided under number 6 paragraph 2) cannot be offered, already paid fees will be refunded.
- If a course or an event is only partially carried out and an equivalent substitute (as provided under number 6 paragraph 2) cannot be offered, the fees for the not carried out parts of events or course dates will be refunded.
- Entdeckum can terminate the contract with immediate effect during a lesson or event for important reasons. An important reason exists in particular in the one described in paragraph 1 and in the following cases:
a) failure to pay the fees or late payment of agreed rates,
b) in the absence of personal or factual requirements for participation in the course in accordance with number 2 paragraph 2,
c) in the case of bad behaviour
- If Entdeckum terminates in accordance with paragraph 4 due to a lack of personal and / or factual requirements for participation, the fees for not used services will be refunded as described in paragraph 3.
11. CANCELLATION AND WITHDRAWAL BY THE PARTICIPANT
- The participant can terminate the contract using the written form or per e-mail, always directed to Entdeckum.
- Notification by telephone, communicating the deregistration to the course tutor or absence from the course are not considered termination of the contract or deregistration.
- Entdeckum will confirm the termination in written form. Cancellations by email can be confirmed by email.
- Withdrawal from participation in a course: the participation fee will be fully reimbursed up to one week before the course starts. Between the 6th and 2nd day before the start of the course, 50% of the fee will be refunded. The fee will not be refunded 24 hours before the start of the course.
- There is no entitlement to the booked course without payment. Non-attendance at the course does not release from the
payment obligation. If Entdeckum does not receive payment, the participant can be excluded from the course and the amount
be excluded from the course and the amount due will be charged pro rata.
Please note that the binding registration remains valid even if the course fee is not transferred on time.
- Cancellation of other events (e.g. birthday parties): the deposit is fully refunded up to 2 weeks before the start of the event. Between the 13th and 4th day before the start of the event, 50% of the deposit will be refunded. The deposit will not be refunded 3 days before the start of the event.
12. COPYRIGHT PROTECTION
Copying and distribution of teaching materials is not allowed without permission. Photographs, films and audio recordings during the courses or events are not allowed without permission.
13. STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA AND PRIVACY
Detailed information on data protection regulations can be found on the Entdeckum website at: https://www.entdeckum-kinderlabor.com/datenschutzerklaerung/
In case of registration on site, the data protection declaration will be handed out personally in written form. When registering online at www.entdeckum-kinderlabor.com, the participant will automatically receive a data protection declaration with the booking.
14. SALVATORY CLAUSE AND OTHERS
- Entdeckum keeps the right to change or renew these General Terms and Conditions at any time with future effect without there being an obligation to notify the participant. The current version of the terms and conditions can be found at www.entdeckum-kinderlabor.com.
- If any of these general terms and conditions or a future supplement should not be wholly or partially legally effective or not feasible or should lose their legal validity or feasibility later, the validity of the remaining terms and conditions remains unaffected. The same applies if it turns out that the terms and conditions contain any gap. Instead of the ineffective or unenforceable terms and conditions or to fill in the gap, an appropriate regulation will be used, that corresponds to what the parties wanted or would have wanted according to the meaning and purpose of the contract, insofar as they did this when the contract was concluded or the time of later acceptance, which is legally the closest possible.
Berlin, June 14th 2022.